Eating place A380 @Changi: An Unforgettable Singapore Airlines Business Class Dining Experience

Singapore Airlines announced an exclusive dining experience on board an Airbus A380 dorsum in September and the initial tickets (for 24 and 25 Oct 2020) were snapped up rapidly. 2 more than dates take opened upwardly since and then but I had the pleasure of dining in one of the beautifully-retrofitted A380s yesterday and it was truly a surreal experience. I had initially thought that I have gotten over the fact that I will be not able to travel in the near future but being on the plane and back on ane of my personal favourite Business Class products brought back such fond memories.

Boarding the Aircraft Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Boarding the Shipping
Singapore Airlines - Eating house A380 @Changi

In that location were plenty of activities in the gate hold room but the cabin crew making their manner onto the flying actually brought everyone together (not physically of course since there were safe management measures in place). Information technology was an emotional moment for many of us (particularly those who travel extensively for work and leisure) and I never idea I would feel that way personally. Dinner started a couple of minutes belatedly just as soon as I was in my seat, everything was fantastic.

Seat 12A Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Seat 12A
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

I was assigned to Seat 12A past the window for my Restaurant A380 @Changi feel and in case you do not already know this, only newly-retrofitted A380 products were utilised for this event. While I have flown on an A380 quite extensively (especially betwixt Singapore and Auckland for work), I have only experienced the new Business Class product once on a flight from Shanghai to Singapore back in 2018.

Business Class Cabin Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Business Form Cabin
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

The iconic Singapore Sling was served to all passengers (regardless of cabin class) and fifty-fifty though I take never gotten one on board, I take to say that it was actually quite delicious - it is also very lethal since y'all tin can't quite taste the alcohol but trust me, it will pitter-patter up on you. According to the initial marketing materials, each rider is only allowed up to two alcoholic beverages during the lunch or dinner feel but obviously, this was not enforced throughout the result - I ended up with five drinks (since I am supposed to exist on a detox this calendar week) throughout dinner.

Satay and Singapore Sling Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Satay and Singapore Sling
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Anyone who has flown in Suites, Offset or Business Class with Singapore Airlines will definitely await forwards to the satay and I am no exception - the presentation is actually quite different from what I typically get on an 'actual' flight but the taste was exactly how I accept imagined information technology to be. if you lot travel quite extensively on flights, you might notice that the food on the footing tastes a little fleck different - there's actual science behind it and I highly recommend that you lot give it a fleck of a read if that is something that interests you. I did observe that the food served on the ground was generally hotter (temperature-wise) than what I would typically get in the air.

Selection of Drinks Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Pick of Drinks
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

I opted for a glass of Champagne when the drink trolley came around - the service was exactly how you lot would look in the air (except it was slightly more than informal this time since information technology is supposedly a 'fun' event). As you will already know, Singapore Airlines offers Laurent-Perrier La Cuvee Brut Champagne in Business Class only while I do prefer the previous Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve, it is nevertheless a decent potable.

Flaked Smoked Salmon Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Flaked Smoked Salmon
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

The next form was an appetiser of Flaked Smoked Salmon which was served with seaweed mayonnaise, mesclun lettuce, and scarlet tomatoes. 1 of the cabin crew besides came around with a bread basket and it goes without saying that nearly everyone around me opted for the garlic bread - if you take tried it, you lot will know what it is all near. If you have not, make sure you lot sign-upwardly for some of the best credit cards in Singapore and then you can starting time accruing miles for use on First and Business organization Class when things become back to a new normal.

Diners who opted for the Business Class experience can opt for one of the following three master courses:

  • Volume The Melt Favourite Grilled Beef Fillet with Black Pepper Sauce

  • Pan-Seared Prawns and Scallops on Saffron Broth

  • Suzuki Saikyo Yaki

Grilled Beef Fillet with Black Pepper Sauce Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Grilled Beef Fillet with Blackness Pepper Sauce
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

I went with one of my favourite dishes - the grilled beef fillet with black pepper sauce and it was garnished with baby carrots, snap peas, cauliflower, and truffled mash potato. While information technology is difficult to go properly-cooked (or reheated) beefiness on flights, I have had astonishing experiences on Singapore Airlines in Suites, as well as in Business Course (especially on the Singapore-Auckland route). I have to say that information technology is definitely easier to serve beefiness at the right doneness on the basis and it was everything I had imagined - delicious, tender, and flavourful.

Baked Cheesecake with Sable Crust Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Baked Cheesecake with Sable Crust
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

The dessert was a Baked Cheesecake with Sable Crust and it was topped with fresh mangoes and roasted almond flakes - very pretty visually and flavours were calorie-free, refreshingly, and immensely enjoyable (pair it with a drinking glass of Champagne, manifestly).

I also opted for an assorted platter of cheese which was served with crackers, fig paste, dried fruit, and nut. Unlike how it was served previously, the cheese selection has already been plated so you do not actually have to option which ones yous similar (and which ones y'all don't). I had secretly hoped for the Boursin cheese but that didn't happen last night then I judge I will merely have to wait until leisure travel is allowed again.

Cheese Platter Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

Cheese Platter
Singapore Airlines - Restaurant A380 @Changi

On the whole, I actually did enjoy my experience onboard the Eating place A380 @Changi. I was initially quite skeptical most the experience just being back in that cabin and experiencing that familiarity truly brought dorsum fond memories of traveling. While I do not foresee leisure travel to immediately rebound to the style it was pre-COVID, it does seem like we are all slowly heading towards the right direction and like everyone else, we volition exist ready to take it to the skies in one case again when the fourth dimension is right.